Thursday, June 16, 2016

A New Search Method Implemented - "Geometric Possukim"

Rabbi Yitzchak Ginsburgh's class/video to Jewish children (link) on mathematics in Torah gave me an idea for a new search method to introduce. In the 1st 16 minutes of the tape he defines what "triangular" and "squared" possukim mean. Accordingly, I now scan the scripture looking for either of these two features per possuk.

I took into consideration the biggest and smallest possukim in letter-count in Tanach (193 and 11 respectively) and devised a small loop of logic to configure the results adequately. I did not lay out these possukim to display as triangular or square-shaped but I do tell you which they are.

2 comments:

  1. I posted this on my blog here.

    Do answer the question in the last picture regarding the rule and what the next number that can be squared! I don't know the rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next lines would have these numbers:
    1681 1189 1413721
    9800 6930 48024900

    cheat source: https://oeis.org/A001108

    ReplyDelete